God gives so many blessings:
Faith and family, food and fun,
Friends we like to be with,
But some people have no one.
Even if we’re not rich,
We still can do our part.
What we give is important
If our gift is from our heart.
It feels so nice to lend a hand
And help those who need aid.
But we don’t need to “shout it out”
Or have our own parade.
We can do our deeds in secret
Without looking for applause.
God rewards us in His own time.
Jesus sees, and He knows all!
5 Ways For Kids To Lend a Helping Hand:
1) Help Mom and Dad around the house
2) Visit a nursing home (perform a talent, put on a puppet show, ask the residents to tell about their childhood)
3) Work to make some money (lemonade stand, extra chores) and give some or all of it to a favorite charity
4) Help out at an animal rescue organization
5) Clean your closet and donate toys you no longer play with
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 6:1 / NIV)
Scripture Reference: Matthew 6:1-4